Friday, March 23, 2007

Improvements to Tocapu Project Presentation

Folks,

Presently I've been most busy with putting the Ascher-Ascher Quipu database into spreadsheet (XLS) form.

However, since there seems to have been more interest in some of the Tocapu work that I've played with, I spent some time recently systematizing the data that I've been able to find with regard to this project as well.

You can access digitized pictures of the Tocapu-laden garments that I've found in the literature (Woven Stories, Andean Textile Tradition and Legado de los Amautas) as well as a growing database of the tocapu symbols found on these garments at the link below:

http://www.geocities.com/denniskriz/tocapu-project.html

And please do play with the images as well... See what you can find in the symbols as well...

Dennis
(moderator)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home